Ribble R872 Grand Tour - Caliper
R872 Grand Tour
The brand new and latest iteration of the R872 is a lightweight carbon road bike in a limited-edition colour scheme. With a relaxed fit ‘sportive’ geometry and precision handling it is as adept on those epic century rides as it is agile and nimble when cornering and descending.
Based upon the highly successful and test-winning R872 (Winner of Cycling Weekly and Cycling Plus ‘Best on Test’ awards) which features the light weight and performance of a high-end road bike this spectacular limited-edition pays homage to the running of the 102nd Edition of the Giro D'Italia. The R872 Grand Tour Edition is finished in a Silver Chrome with Pink, Yellow and Red accents. A limited edition colour matched finishing kit and Ultegra R8000 groupset gives the bike stunning visuals and a super slick, ‘pro proven’ shifting performance.
The R872 is the right bike for someone looking for the low weight and high-end performance characteristics of a high-end carbon road bike but at an accessible price. Whether you are looking for a bike to introduce you to the world of cycling or are thinking of dipping your toe into road racing the R872 is both a lightweight and durable choice.
A lightweight carbon frame and carbon bladed fork in the limited edition Grand Tour colour scheme, built with a Shimano Ultegra R8000 precision shifting groupset. A complete, colour matched Level 1 alloy finishing kit, internally routed cables for cleaner lines and better aerodynamics and Vision 35 clincher wheels.
The R872 is a fantastic value upgrade option for anyone looking to upgrade to a carbon frame. With its relaxed fit 'sportive' geometry, light weight, comfort and precision handling you can be sure it will be as comfortable for those all day in the saddle epics as it is quick and nimble when surmounting those pesky climbs and high-speed descents.
1) The special edition colour scheme and Ultegra groupset are exclusive to this model of R872 and are not available on the standard edition.
2) A full carbon frame and fork in the exclusive Grand Tour Limited Edition colour scheme.
3) A special edition finishing kit that can only be found on the R872 Grand Tour, consisting of colour matched bars, stem and seatpost which have been designed to complement perfectly the detailing of the bike. To complete the Giro theme even the wheels and saddle have pink accents and again these are entirely exclusive to this bike alone.
4) The quick and responsive ride quality will have you beaming as well as being eminently comfortable thanks to the low weight, 'sportive' geometry and precision handling.
5) With Ultegra caliper rim brakes you do not need to worry about stopping power. These are some of the most powerful rim brakes available.
R872 Grand Tour Edition
- Ultegra 11spd Double
- Shifters - Ultegra R8000 11spd
- Brakes - Ultegra R8000 Caliper Rim Brake
- Chainset – Ultegra R8000 2 x 11spd 172.5 34/50T
- Bottom Bracket – BB-R60 BSA 68mm
- Cassette - R7000 11spd 11-28T
- Chain – Shimano HG601 114 Links
- Front Derailleur - Ultegra R8000 Braze on
- Rear Derailleur - Ultegra R8000 Short cage
- Wheels -Vision 35 Clincher QR
- Tyres – Continental Ultra Sport 2 Rigid 25mm, Black
- Handlebar – Level 1 Alloy, Limited Edition
- Bar and Stem Combo per Frame Size XS - 400/90mm, S - 400/100mm, Med - 420/100mm, LG - 420/110mm , XL - 440/110mm.
- Handlebar stem – Level 1 Alloy, Limited Edition
- Handlebar tape – Level Cork, Black
- Seatpost – Level 1 Alloy 27.2mm, 350mm, Limited Edition
- Saddle – Prologo Kappa RS, Black / Pink
- Weight – 8.8kg / 19.36lbs
- Recommended maximum weight – 120kgs including rider and bike
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.
- Full carbon frame and forks Increased torsional stiffness and better vibration absorption
- Sportive geometry Fine tuned for confidence inspiring handling and all day in the saddle comfort
- Tapered downtube and box section chainstays Increased torsional stiffness for pedalling efficiency, handling and high-end race bike acceleration
- Internal cable routing and Di2 compatibility Cleaner lines, improved aerodynamics with cables hidden away from the elements
- Dropped seatstays Improved power transfer and vibration absorption
To assist you in selecting the correct size simply find you height below. The graphic below illustrates our recommendations so you can be confident that the size you order will be correct.
152cm - 160cm
160cm - 170cm
170cm - 178cm
178cm - 185cm
185cm - 193cm
Sizing & Geometry
|Rider Height (ft)||5'0 - 5'3
|5'3 - 5'7
|5'7 - 5'10
|5'10 - 6'1
|6'1 - 6'4
|HT||71 °||72 °||73 °||73 °||73 °|
|ST||75 °||74.5 °||73.5 °||73.5 °||73.5 °|
The Medium sized build weighs in at approx 8.8kgs.
The frame carries a 3 year warranty. All other parts have the standard manufacturer’s warranty.
The R872 has clearance for 28mm tyres (25mm with mudguards).
There are mounts for 2 bidons (bottles).
Yes, the frame has discreet mounts for fitting full mudguards.
The BB shell is a traditional threaded 68mm British type.
The seatpost is a 27.2mm diameter with a seat clamp of 31.8mm diameter.
No, the frame does not have rack mounts.
The frame takes standard 9mm quick release axles.
We recommend a maximum rider weight of 120kgs.
Due to the many different pedal systems available we do not supply pedals with bikes but you can find a great array of pedals here.
We also offer unmatched customisation of your Ribble with our BikeBuilder. The BikeBuilder is where you can make more of your own decisions - choose your ideal groupset and wheels, personalise it with your own preferred finishing kit - the choices are all yours.