THE RIBBLE CGR AL -
EXCELS FOR VERSATILITY & PERFORMANCE
Light and robust the CGR Alloy is a stunning bike that will take you anywhere with timeless performance and style. Strong, versatile and durable, the geometry of the hand built, British-designed CGR Alloy has been carefully formulated so that it conquers all riding surfaces with ease.HOW TO BUY
- Versatile and durable Aluminium Expertly hand built seamless, 6061 T6 Heat Treated aluminium frame in 2 stunning paint schemes, Blue/Sky/White or Orange/Sky/White.
- Mudguard and rack mounts Good tyre clearance and discreet mounts for full mudguards to keep you dry. Capable of carrying up to 20kg on a traditional pannier rack.
- Disc brakes Powerful flat mount calipers provide consistent braking whatever the conditions or surface.
- Wide tyre clearances Generous clearances for tyres up to 45mm width (40mm with full mudguards) allow a wide variety of tyres to be used making this bike suitable for all surfaces.
Versatility is at the core of the CGR range and this aluminium model certainly ticks all of the boxes. Less aggressive than a racer, the endurance (relaxed riding position) geometry of the CGR Alloy makes this bike comfortable, composed, responsive and ready for any ride.
Get that special best bike feeling on the daily commute with this timeless, dependable companion. Tough, versatile and durable, the high-performance CGR Alloy will see you through. From your daily miles to your weekend adventures in comfort and in style whatever the terrain.
Ready to roam? Beneath the sleek lines of this high-performance aluminium bike is a tyre clearance wide enough for any adventure, a geometry and specification designed for comfort, handling and control, giving the CGR Alloy the ability to go wherever you want it to. Discreet mounts for full mudguards and a rear rack have you covered whether your adventure takes you on an all-day gravel road epic, from coast to coast or on the trip of a lifetime. Wherever you're going, the versatile and highly capable CGR Alloy promises you a hell of a lot of fun and turned heads along the way.
That unique emotion as you glide at one with the machine, that special feeling of satisfaction as you climb with the rewarding descent to follow, through the lanes, towns and cities, endurance event, century ride or just you and the terrain ahead, it's the feeling you get on the hand crafted, designed with passion CGR Alloy. Traditional class and compatible with all contemporary technology including electronic shifting, internal cable routing and hydraulic disc brakes. The stunning smooth lines of the frame are accentuated by the jaw dropping Blue/Sky/White or Orange/Sky/White colour schemes which just add to the charm of this quick, versatile and capable bike. The CGR Alloy is your one bike that does it all.
- Full carbon Thru axle disc fork with tapered steerer Advanced carbon monocoque fork for flat mount disc brakes with a 12mm Thru axle for lightness and stability.
- Frame weight Frame: 1.68kg. Fork: 480g +/-5g.
- 12mm Thru axles Thru axles front and rear provide a more secure braking experience with the extra power of hydraulic disc brakes.
- Internal cable routing Internally routed front and rear gear cables for fast and easy shifting.
- 650b Wheel compatibility As well as 700c road wheels the CGR Alloy also offers further versatility with it’s inbuilt ability to take 650b wheels also for ultimate off road capability.
With discreet mounts for full mudguards and a rear rack the CGR Alloy is ready for duty around town with your commuter case or up country with loaded panniers, but that's not where the versatility of this bike stops.
Contained beneath the sleek lines of the aluminium frame and carbon fork are wide tyre clearances (for up to 45mm width tyres) that allow your CGR Alloy to do whatever you want it to. From exploring forest trails and gravel right through to being your weekend best, road trip or big sportive bike.
Reliable disc brakes do the stopping and mean that the CGR Alloy can be set up for multiple uses with a simple swap of tyres or wheelset.
"The flat mount hydraulic disc brakes* are perfect for this all-surface bike and are made all the more impressive when combined with the 12mm thru-axle wheels," says Burrow.
*Available on all models except Tiagra, hydraulic brakes can be added to a Tiagra build as an upgrade through Bike Builder.
Our aluminium CGR is hand built in the traditional way by frame building craftsmen, but it has also been designed to be compatible with all the recent advances including electronic shifting, internal cable routing and hydraulic braking. The bikes are hand assembled to your chosen specification in our UK workshop.
The seamless, 6061 T6 Heat Treated aluminium tube set selected is a naturally stiff frame material which provides instant acceleration and performance no matter the terrain. The ovalized top tube of the CGR Alloy adds to the frame's horizontal stiffness for performance and the vertical compliance for outstanding comfort.
The slacker tube angles of the CGR Alloy not only provide greater comfort over a race bike, but also keep the rider more centred and better balanced for endurance riding. The tube lengths and angles of the CGR Alloy have been carefully chosen to offer the optimal balance for quick handling given the wide tyre and wheel options.
Finishing touches like the simply stunning paint schemes just add to the charm of this quick and capable bike with timeless and traditional lines.
Sizing & Geometry
|Rider Height||5'4 - 5'7
162 - 170cm
|5'7 - 5'9
170 - 175cm
|5'9 - 5'11
175 - 180cm
|5'11 - 6'1
180 - 185cm
|6'1 - 6'4
185 - 194cm
We also offer unmatched customisation of your Ribble with our BikeBuilder. The BikeBuilder is where you can make more of your own decisions - choose your ideal groupset and wheels, personalise it with your own preferred finishing kit - the choices are all yours.
Ribble CGR AL Customer Reviews
I looks fantastic and the ride is super comfortable.
In short, it's an epic bike!!!!!! I love it.